We needn’t stress on the fact that on-demand apps have taken the world by storm. If you are still in the traditional mode of running your transport logistics business, you are definitely missing the bus. If you still think that logistic app development is just an investment with no returns, then it is high time that we prove you wrong.
First, let us get to know the disadvantages of the traditional model of logistics management. Then we can see how the transport logistic app development can help us in getting rid of the inadequacies.
1. Paperwork: All the transactions right from booking to delivery are all done through the receipts and paper records. Frequently, there is a mismatch of it leading to chaos, non-delivery, and mismanagement. There are high risks of non-entry, duplicate entry, and keying the wrong information. Even for simple sending of physical packages from one point to another, there is a lot of paperwork, auditing and verification to be done before the consignment is dispatched and after it is received in the destination.
2. Speed: The logistics transfer is a slow process. There are many glitches in-between that make the entire process slow and prone to faults.
3. Inflexibility: The transport logistics business has little room for flexibility. When there is the unpredictability of supplies itself, being flexible is the last question in the mind.
4. Productivity: The productivity gets hurt due to various reasons like interdependency, inventory mismanagement, slow speed, incompatibility, and the risks involved.
5. Transaction costs: Due to variables, the transaction costs are high. The large ongoing staff training and maintenance costs also add up.
5. Inventory: The inventory management becomes difficult for humans, especially when it is voluminous.
6. Time: The time taken to complete a transaction increases due to various dependable stages in between.
7. Information sharing: There are no provisions where the group remains connected leading to problems and slow delivery. Also, the customer services get affected. There is no real-time tracking of the goods dispatched or their route.
8. Security: The security is almost nil with the traditional mode of transport logistic.
1. Warehouse app development: Managing warehouse becomes easy with this dedicated app. The storing and accessing of inventory including the record book entry and management process- everything is made seamless and hassle-free with this app.
2. Tracking App Development: This app helps you to track your fleet route and the location of your dispatch. You can get updates of the delivery date.
3. Transport App Development: This is just for the transportation part wherein you can track the location of the driver and get a time estimate of the delivery. You can also get real-time updates about the route of your fleet.
4. Logistic App Development: The logistic app development comprises everything from the warehouse, fleet management, real-time tracking to the delivery. It meets the diverse requirements of your logistics business.
The logistics industry covers the fleet and freight businesses, pickup, dispatch and delivery services, and cargo delivery companies. They can incredibly benefit from smart apps. The driving force is the benefit, ease of operation and hassle-free service. This results in enhanced productivity and scalability. With the help of a good transport logistic app development company, the app can be customized to suit the specification with rich features incorporated into it.
1. Warehouse and Inventory Management
A good transport app development has to include features to scan the arrival and going out of the goods in the warehouse. The logs are automatically updated to avoid human errors. Stock keeping and inventory management help to reduce excess stocks and proper prioritization of goods based on their dispatch schedules.
2. Fleet Management
The transport app development will include features like the vehicles in use, their route, real-time location tracking, and smart vehicle management. The vehicle management allows for regular reactive maintenance and repair with features included to have updates about battery check and engine condition.
3. Route Optimization
Route optimization is a great asset when it comes to ensuring maximum efficiency in the transport app development. This feature enables to get insights into the transportation routes and optimize the delivery schedules.
4. Location Tracking
The GPS technology helps in the real-time vehicle and fleet tracking. It is a boon for a company having to manage a huge fleet with diverse routes. With this feature, the whereabouts of each vehicle and their estimated delivery date can be fetched.
5. Driver Efficiency
Request your transport logistic app development company to include a separate app for drivers. The new shipment delivery requests can be directly delivered to the driver’s app. The driver can also keep them updated about his availability, route taken, his earnings and his attendance roster. The GPS navigation conveys the location and other critical details like mileage, the distance traveled, and delivery schedules can be managed for process optimization.
6. Customer Service
The customers or the shippers can be sent updates through emails and messages or they can log in with their code and check for the delivery status. The customer can now dispatch goods from the confines of his home or office with doorstep pickup and delivery service through the online booking feature. The enhanced features like real-time tracking, updates, online payments, and reviews make the customer experience wonderful.
Indeed, technology, if used to the right extent, can truly enhance productivity and user experience. They are a treasure trove of information made available at the fingertips. The automation reduces human errors and improves the service. Managing the schedules never got better with the right logistic app development. Getting instant delivery proofs and calculating the estimates and payments are also the most essential benefits derived from the transport logistic app development. They help in decision making and increasing productivity in the transport and logistics industry.
The food ordering and delivery business regardless of not being a very old business idea, today it is witnessing transformations. This is courtesy of it going online and getting an… Read More
When you talk of a solution that makes internal operations management an easy task, the first name that would strike your mind would be enterprise apps, without any doubt whatsoever…. Read More
If you plan to achieve business growth in a short span, developing a SaaS app is the key. According to Statista, the solution will grow to around $208.1 billion by… Read More