Controversy on Facebook data has emerged so far in the market and Facebook has made a lot of big changes lately, and it’s generated a ton of conversation and questions from both users and businesses on the platform wondering exactly what this will mean moving forward.
Social media Giant riddle over controversy since initiation, but past 18 months has changed a lot for Facebook. Ultimately “Mark Zuckerberg” breaks his silence on data privacy apologized in remarks on Capitol Hill during hearings about data privacy.
“We didn’t take a broad enough view of our responsibility, and that was a big mistake. It was my mistake, and I’m sorry,” Zuckerberg said.
Facebook really kicked off again by dealing with all the Issues. So, the global developer community gathered in the san Joes for the F8 event to explore future technology.
Major two issues address by Mark Zuckerberg: To solve data privacy and second is to building new services that bring people together in meaningful new ways across Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Oculus.
F8 is two days annual even to announced to held on 1st & 2nd May, where developers and businesses explore what’s next in technology.
What is F8?
F8 is “Facebook Developers Conference” for insightful announcements and products and service updates for developers around the world. It was started on May 24, 2007. The company first introduced Social graph in this event. In 2018 conference Facebook gave more focus on itself and family applications and services.
There are lots of announcement Facebook is about to make. Sessions are having plenty product demo and new features. The developers who attend the conference have a chance to meet the Facebook members one to one.
Announcements from Conference:
An Impel for validation and community: Firstly, mark addresses the data privacy issue and gave assurance to provide a safeguard for users. Coming back to the roots “Connecting people” Facebook has tried to give more validation by providing data privacy options.
* The clear consideration of Facebook is to prioritize the post of friends and family over the brands and their advertisements.
* Facebook change the algorithm for news. Authentic news and trustworthy resources have preferences in the news feed.
“Local news helps build community — both on and offline. It’s an important part of making sure the time we all spend on Facebook is valuable.” – Mark Zuckerberg
* Clear history, features help to see the stories validate by users. The user can delete the association to not have that connection with the account.
* Sharing stories through different account become is easy by using different applications. Just one tap will make easy to share creative pictures.
1. Introduced new Dating App:
Connecting people to create the relationship. Facebook is gearing up the competitors with the different dating applications. Dating application has featured for authentication included Facebook account. Now Facebook has announced dating services that offer Facebook Applications that integrate into a Facebook account, allowing their members to interact with other Facebook users.
* Dating profiles and Facebook profiles are separated from each other, Potential match will be recommended on the bases of mutual friends and interest areas.
* As per available information, Facebook will start testing this in the arrival of months this year.
AR or Augmented Reality is everywhere this day. The Instagram camera platform uses AR studio, Creators will experience enhanced quality for the camera, and able to Create real-time Effects. Announcement of this has been made in the last year 2017 conference by Facebook
* Now Instagram will have feature for video calling. You can connect real-time on Instagram. This feature will be available in the direct message.
* Browsing will become easier on Instagram. Developers can directly share their content with stories rather than screen-shooting.
* With that, Company said that the test and the trial runs hall be made available soon.
We are addicted to WhatsApp. Every day numbers are increasing. WhatsApp will be updated with the new stickers.
* Now we can do group video calling on WhatsApp. Sounds Amazing right! It will be coming in a few months down the line says Facebook.
Facebook will have extended support of AR with advance camera effect into the Messenger.
* The Feature launching in closed beta, helps people get valuable, instant feedback about purchases, and more. Therefor Developers will be able to build experiences that let people virtually customize or try on merchandise, walk through new products, or simply express themselves in a fun way.
* Facebook makes it easy for marketers to do a business and increase the brand equity by adding the M Translation Feature. If marketers will receive a message in other languages, then the default language, M translation will ask to translate, so they will be able to Communicate
5. Lead a new way for AR/VR:
Totally Different ways to connect with the people in AR/VR. Surely Users are going to have a unique experience.
6. Oculus Go: The big highlight of the launch is the new reality introduced by Facebook. This headset gives you the real-time experience of gaming, watching movies or diving into the educational experience.
* The device priced $199 and anyone can place their order to buy it. The release date mentioned on the page was originally a staggering “December of 2018.” More than 1000 apps and games available on Oculus Go at the time of launch.
*However, the Oculus Go pre-order page on Amazon was created without any official confirmation.
7. VR Experience for entertainment:
The new connection for live entertainment.
* VR Rooms will help to experience live sports, your friends can also, play games you can watch movies, all things allowed for four people, testing and trying starting this summer.
8. 3D sharing on Facebook:
Something very interesting to do on Facebook by Using AR Camera experience on your smartphone.
* Now people will soon be able to take 3D objects from News Feed into Facebook Camera AR experiences with one tap. In future we will have the news feed is filled with experiences like never before.
Facebook is trying to inflate the user experience, bring connectivity to people, more technologies introduce in the future to connect more people and help to keep them safe.